Translate

Sunday 10 March 2013

First experiment with the sinc(x) interpolation


Sinc(x) interpolation

The Shannon Theorem states that given a signal  limited in bandwidth with the maximum harmonic fc <= 1/2 Fsample you can rebuild the original signal by interpolating :

x(t) = \sum_{n=-\infty}^{\infty} x[n] \cdot {\rm sinc}\left(\frac{t - nT}{T}\right)\,


I am applying on CH1 and CH2 a constant signal, and I'm plotting CH2 with a linear interpolation and CH1 with a Sinc(x) interpolation... unfortunately it looks like I'm a bad DSP designer as CH1 is the sinc itself! :-)
I wanted to write it  down because I found the CH1 waveform funny.  Its actually pretty!
So... last week I made lot's of progress, I'm now sampling at 100 MSPS... on the above picture the horizontal resolution is 20 nsec/div...
I will post again once I fixed the sinc(x) problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment